Christy Nockels is so many things to me: A voice beyond anything my words can describe, a lady with a humility and peace I admire, and a joyful heart for Jesus. She is a wife and a mom. She is a successful singer and songwriter. She tours with Passion and is a voice of true change for our generation. (Also, she has AMAZING hair.)
Christy was nice enough to answer my questions about favorites, so here are her answers!
1. Who is your favorite artist/musician/band? I listen to a variety of music since my husband Nathan keeps up on what is current. He somehow gets a hold of things before they blow up and become really popular. However, my default music is always something more classic and chill like James Taylor, Patty Griffin, Keith Urban and even Dolly Parton.
2. Where is your favorite place to visit? It sounds funny, but Franklin, TN, where we lived for ten years. I always love going back and seeing friends and enjoying how gorgeous the land is there. Franklin holds tons of memories for us, as that's where Nathan and I welcomed all three of our children and bought our first home.
3. What is your favorite food? Mexican Food - particularly the fajitas at Lupe Tortilla in Houston, TX. Pappasitos is a favorite too.
4. What is your favorite color? Soft greens and blues.
5. What is your favorite movie? Pride & Prejudice. I equally love the 1995 & 2005 versions.
6. What is your favorite store? Queen of Hearts Antiques in Alpharetta, GA
7. What is your favorite beauty product? Kiehl's Microdermabrasion, or anything from Kiehl's really. I've used their line of skincare and hair products for over ten years.
8. What is your favorite pastime or hobby? Antiquing, collecting home magazines, watching movies late at night with my husband and then talking about it afterwards until we fall asleep.
9. What is your favorite book or who is your favorite author? Same Kind Of Different As Me, written by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. One of the only books I have actually really finished in the past few years and I read it in about 2 days.
10. What is your favorite blog or website? milkandhoneyhome.com. These are some sweet friends of mine, fellow moms, who have a blog and home interior design business together. They just helped me re-do my kitchen and den area and it's going to be featured in a magazine! They are sensible, creative and love to find bargains like me!
You can visit Christy's website here. You can even hear previews of every song on her newest album. Trust me, you want to hear it! Also, be sure to Like her on Facebook and follow her on Twitter.