Basically, the Liebster Award is a way to expand the reach of tiny blogs by sharing them with readers. Here are the rules, copied from McKenzie's post:
1. Post 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
3. Create 11 questions to ask your nominees.
4. Let your nominees know they have been tagged, no tag backs.
5. Make sure the blogs you nominate are under 200 followers; the goal is to promote small blogs you love or what to get to know.
My 11 facts:
1. I love bright colors, but I also love black. Lots of both.
2. I'm a natural blonde and only started dying it blonde-r last year!
3. I wish I could go to Disney World every single day. I'd never get tired of it.
4. We got rid of our cable in December, and I'm still not-so-secretly mourning all the housewives I've missed.
5. I love making lists and filling out things like this. It's probably one of the reasons I miss MySpace most. And yes, I still log in to mine.
6. It's easy (too easy) for me to be LAZY. I'm trying to limit the laziness (I don't always succeed) because I believe God has a big plan for me.
7. I can't get enough of tv on dvd.
8. The older I get, the more I like fall. I'll never stop hoping for and loving summer, though. I just won't let myself.
9. I'm so sad I didn't get to go to the beach this summer. Or last. You get the drift. I need some sun and sand and ocean time.
10. It's easy for me to fall into the trap of complaining. Trying to work against that.
11. I love making friends. A lot. Real, true community is the bomb.com.
The 11 questions for me from McKenzie:
1. Where were you born? Jackson, MS.
2. What is the furthest you have been from home? Hawaii!
3. If you could go anywhere on a vacation, where would it be? DISNEY. Always. (Or LA or NYC.)
4. Favorite childhood memory? Not one specifically - but all the playtime I had with Paige!
5. What is your favorite dessert? This is hard. I like it all. Cheesecake? Blackberry cobbler? Yes. Yes. Yes.
6. Do you prefer cooking, dine-in, or take-out? I love eating at restaurants. And fast food. I need to love to cook. For my health and my budget.
7. What is your favorite song currently? Stay With Me by Sam Smith.
8. What is your favorite color? Blue, pink, yellow, black, red, purple, and green. EEEK!
9. Do you think your zodiac sign fits your personality? I don't put a lot of care in to it, but I suppose some of the characteristics are fitting.
10. Any item(s) of jewelry you consistently wear? My wedding set and my watch.11. The most important question: Vanilla, Chocolate, or Strawberry? Chocolate.
My questions for YOU, my little nominees:
1. When's your birthday?
2. What's one thing you hope to do before 2014 is over?
3. What's your favorite meal?
4. What movie do you want to watch right now?
5. Paint or wallpaper?
6. What's the easiest dish you make constantly?
7. Have you ever been to Disney World?
8. What's your favorite season?
9. What's your preferred warm beverage?
10. What song do you want to dance to right this second?
11. What's your favorite outfit?
My very own nominees:
3. Megan Manuel
4. Kasia Crider
9. Sarah Mudd
10. Lauren Tunberg
11. Alicia Rowland
P.S. I realize this seems more like a chain letter than an award, but it's a fun way to spread our blogs around and get to know new friends in the blogosphere! :)
YOU are so loved.